The Outdoor Enthusiast
HOW IT WORKS
This is a Multi-Stage Virtual Race Series, which will accommodate runners and cyclists from all backgrounds, whether it’s road or trail. We really tried to put a cool concept together which would cater for all Outdoor Enthusiasts and to see who will rise to the occasion in the ever lasting battle between road and trail athletes
- The Multi-Stage Series will consist of 6 virtual running races and 6 virtual cycling races over the next 6 months.
- You have the option to either enter the Run Series OR Cycle Series
- Each race has 3 stages that have to be completed in 3 consecutive days
- You can only race on the fixed race dates set out once per month (see our race calendar on our website or social media pages.
- Categories: There will be short and long race distances to choose from.
- Minimum Elevation requirements for fair ranking:
Short Run: 50m per day
Long Run: 100m per day
Short Cycle: 100m per day
Long Cycle: 250m per day
- If you do not care about your ranking, you do not need to submit the minimum elevation requirement, but please take into consideration we will drop your ranking below the last competitor who obeyed all our rules, even if your time was faster.
- After each stage you have to click and upload the evidence of your run in the special designated “submit results” button on our website home page.
- We made it real easy for you to submit times.
- Should you want to be in contention of a top ranking you need to click on your device icon situated on the submit results page, click on share activity, copy your run or cycle activity and paste it in the url box we created for you on the submit results page.
- If you do not care about your ranking, you do not need to copy and paste your activity in the url box! Please take into consideration we will drop your ranking below the last competitor who obeyed all our rules, even if your time was faster.
- Rankings will be live and immediately visible on our website
- As proof, Garmin Connect / Strava, Suunto, Polar, Fitbit, or any device where you can share your result via a link from your device will be acceptable.
- Rankings will be determined by ELAPSED TIME AND ELEVATION and not MOVING TIME. If you want to cheat, you only cheat yourself! We will do spot checks now and then, or if someone notify us about a possible cheat.
- Top 5 both male and female will have an additional check after submitting their runs. We will need their device profile links to audit the legitimacy of the results in order to keep the fairness of the event
- Your time and ranking will pull through cumulatively to a SERIES LEADERBOARD over the next 6 months to determine your overall ranking for the entire series
- Results can only be submitted on Race day between 00:00 & 23:59
- Make sure you obey your country/state Covid 19 lockdown rules
- The competitors must be between 18 or older when entering Tier 1 (Due to alcohol and supplement contents in Race box. Tier 2 goodie box will be kid friendly.